At Mondi Corrugated Turkey, we share the international community's concerns about climate change and believe that industry should play an important role in worldwide efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
In this direction, our goal is to continuously improve our carbon emissions, energy efficiency and energy management system by working with external stakeholders within our own operations.
To achieve our goals, we are committed to:
- Fulfil the requirements of local and national laws regulations and other requirements regarding energy management, as well as all relevant international agreements,
- Act in accordance with internationally declared principles and standards, including but not limited to the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals and the ten principles of the UN Global Compact,
- Enhance the energy and carbon efficiency of our production processes by improving our energy management systems,
- Carry out studies for the supply of energy efficient products and services that affect our energy performance,
- Conduct research in order to choose designs that will save energy in our activities and to pursue projects that improve energy efficiency,
- Providing the necessary information and resources for the realization of energy management system objectives and targets,
- Seek to maximize the already significant exploitation of cogeneration (combined heat and electricity generation),
- Make and execute investment plans for self-sufficiency in electricity in our paper mills,
- Ensure that all new energy investments in our paper mills apply current EU Best Available Techniques (BAT).